Charles Weisbrod Baseball Scholarship
In August, 2017, the Charles J. Weisbrod Scholarship was established as an endowed fund in the Winona State University Foundation. The scholarship will benefit and encourage students who are members of the Winona State University Baseball Team.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time and in good standing at Winona State University (minimum of 12 credits per semester, Fall and Spring)
2. Each recipient must have a declared major (preference given to those enrolled in the College of Education
3. Each recipient must be a (Freshman, sophomore, Junior, Senior or 5th year student)
4. Each recipient must have a G.P.A of 3.0 or higher. However, grade point average should not be considered primary criteria.
5. Each recipient must demonstrate financial need, but need should not be based solely on FAFSA.
6. Recipient must reside in the state of Minnesota with preference to a student-athlete from one of the following Counties: Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Steele, Wabasha, Winona.
Final selection of the recipient shall be made by Winona State Head Baseball Coach and Athletic Director. This scholarship shall be given to a recipient who meets the selection criteria and the purpose and motivation requirements of this scholarship.
The criteria used in selecting a scholarship award recipient will be, in order of importance, the students:
1. Must be a member of the Winona State University Baseball Team
2. Be enrolled in the College of Education and/or pursing a Coaching Certificate (Preferred, not a requisite)
Attending grades 1-12 in a small town in SE Minnesota with most of my teachers and coaches being graduates of WSTC, it was natural for me to choose WSC to continue my education. My goal was to earn a W letter jacket just like my coaches wore.
In the process of earning the letter jacket, I gained a degree with a double major in elementary and physical education. WSC was a nurturing community for a small town boy to grow up in and I would like to help provide a similar experience for another young baseball player from SE MN.