Beth & Conway Elton Scholarship
The Beth and Conway Elton Education Scholarship is created to give assistance to adult students (age 30+) who aspire to teach, have a passion for learning, desire to energize young minds, and seek to become a distinguished teacher. This scholarship is for a non-traditional student.
• Each applicant must be a non-traditional student over 30 years of age.
• Each recipient must demonstrate financial need through WSU’s Financial Aid
• Each applicant must be enrolled full-time (i.e., minimum of twelve credits per semester)
• Each applicant must be a declared education major at Winona State University
• Each applicant must write a 1 2 page essay describing their desire to become a teacher
Beth and Conway Elton value learning; they care deeply about students and about the availability of education to all men and women.
Conway Elton graduated from Harmony MN high school received his Bachelor s degree from Luther College in Decorah Iowa. In 1961 he began his business career in Austin MN later moving to Winona where he was Senior Vice President of Home Federal Savings Bank. During his career, Conway served on the WSU Foundation board for over 25 years and has been a past officer for most of the positions on the WSU Board of Trustees.
Beth Elton graduated from Rushford high school and received her Bachelor of Education degree from Winona State College in 1971. Beth did her student teaching at Phelps laboratory school and is a past member and officer of the WSU Alumni Society.
During their long and distinguished careers, both Beth and Conway Elton found time to deal in antiques and golf in nearly every Winona State Golf classic. They continue to golf in Arizona where they reside in the winter. Through their commitment to Winona, they have challenged student perspectives and made a positive impact on the future of Minnesota, the region and our world.