Carl T. Stange Scholarship
In March 2016, the Carl T. Stange Scholarship was established in the Winona State University Foundation. The scholarship will benefit and encourage students who are attending WSU.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time and in good standing at Winona State University (minimum of 12 credits per semester, Fall and Spring).
2. Each recipient must be a freshman or sophomore status student.
3. Each recipient must have a High School or WSU G.P.A of 3.0 or higher.
4. Each recipient must demonstrate financial need, but need should not be based solely on FAFSA.
5. Preference will be given to a student who meets any of the criteria below.
- -Has association with any of the following groups
- -WSU Ambassadors
- -DACA student
6. As part of the application process for this scholarship, the student must submit an essay describing the following:
- Explain how you are affiliated with any of the groups in criteria #5.
In his 33 years at Winona State University, Carl Stange has done nothing but give back to students and the community. Carl has a deep appreciation for Theatre Arts and Music, a gratitude towards Veterans and the Military, a connection with the LGBT community and love for the WSU Ambassadors organization. Ensuring every student feels at home and safe was of the utmost importance to Carl during his years at WSU. It is with this in mind we developed The Carl Stange Endowed Scholarship. This scholarship will be able to continue Carl’s legacy on WSU’s campus by giving back to students and making Winona State a more inclusive community.