Class of 1961 Scholarship
The Class of 1961 Scholarship is created to encourage and support students who demonstrate leadership while attending WSU. This scholarship is for full-time undergraduate sophomore students who have declared a major, with preference to Education majors, then Nursing and Business majors. Students must demonstrate leadership by their involvement in Winona State University or community activities or must have special circumstances where involvement would be a hardship. Preference will be given to a student not receiving a Presidential Honor Scholarship.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full- time at Winona State University.
2. Each first-time recipient must be classified as a sophomore and be in good standing at Winona State University with a grade point average (g.p.a.) of 2.75 to 3.25 (4.0 A). Preference will be given to a student not receiving a Presidential Honor Scholarship.
3. Each recipient can be a declared major in either Education, Nursing, or Businessof Winona State Universityâ€™s programs.
4. Each recipient must demonstrate leadership by their involvement in WSU or community activities or recipient must have special circumstances where involvement would be a hardship.
5. Each recipient must demonstrate financial need through WSUâ€™s Financial Aid Office
Preference will be given to applicants with a declared (1st choice) Education major, (2nd choice) Nursing, or (3rd choice) Business.