Derek Bute Memorial Scholarship
The Derek Bute Memorial Scholarship was created in 2016 to support students majoring in Health Exercise and Rehabilitative Sciences.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time and in good standing at WSU (minimum of 12 credits per semester , Fall and Spring)
2. Each recipient must be a declared HERS major.
3. Each student must be a Junior or Senior with preference given to Veterans and active military.
4. Each recipient must have a 3.0 WSU GPA or greater
Final selection of the recipient shall be made by a faculty committee within the HERS Department. This scholarship shall be given to a recipient who meets the selection criteria and the purpose and motivation requirements of this scholarship
The criteria used in selecting a scholarship award recipient will be, the student’s:
-Military status – Preference given to Veterans and active military
- Each recipient must have a 3.0 WSU GPA or greater
- Financial need.
- Ability to demonstrate how the are a well-rounded individual who gives back to the community, through mentoring and/or leadership experiences.
The scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient continues to meet the criteria.