Burl & Nadine Leo Business Scholarship
The Burl and Nadine Leo Scholarship was created to encourage and support students seeking a business degree at WSU.
1. Each recipient must have a declared Business major
2. Each recipient must have a minimum 3.0 g.p.a
3. Each recipient must provide a statement of financial need
4. Each recipient must be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior
5. Each recipient must be enrolled Full time at WSU
Burl Leo graduated from Winona State University in 1957. Burl spent 11 years with General Motors Acceptance Corporation before joining Norwest Bank (now Wells Fargo) in Faribault, MN. in 1969. He transferred to Norwest Bank, Rochester, MN. as their Sr. Vice President and Client Executive in 1984 and subsequently to Norwest Bank, Red Wing, MN. as President in 1987 retiring in 1999. Burl has an interest in Mississippi River lore, hiking, Native American cultures and exploring Arizona, especially the back country.