Dr. Robert Newberry Professional Selling Annual Scholarship
In April 2018, the Dr. Robert Newberry Professional Selling Annual Scholarship was established as an annual fund in the Winona State University Foundation. The scholarship will benefit and encourage students who are majoring in Marketing with a Professional Selling Minor.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time and in good standing at Winona State University (minimum of 12 credits per semester, Fall and Spring)
2. Each student must by accepted into the College of Business
3. Each recipient must be a declared major in Marketing with a Professional Selling minor
4. Each recipient must demonstrate financial need, based solely on FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
5. As part of the application process for this scholarship, the student must submit a resume documenting academic, employment and extra-curricular activities including volunteer work
6. Preference will be given to a student working their way through school
Background and Motivation
This scholarship is in support of students pursuing the Professional Selling minor at Winona State University. Dr. Newberry, with the support of the Marketing and Communication Studies Departments and the College of Business, created the Professional Selling program as part of his 25 years teaching in the Marketing Department. His belief is that all business professionals will reach greater success and their careerâ€™s will advance to greater heights if they possess the basic communication skills common among successful salespeople. To this end, this scholarship offers financial support for students pursuing expertise in interpersonal sales skills.