Susie and Ron Goch Football Scholarship
In April of 2017, the Susie and Ron Goch Scholarship was established with the Winona State University Foundation. The scholarship will benefit and encourage students who are current members of the Winona State Football Team.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time and in good standing at Winona State University (minimum of 12 credits per semester, Fall and Spring).
2. Each recipient must have a declared major.
3. Each recipient must be a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior or 5th year student.
4. Each recipient must have a G.P.A of 2.8 or higher. However, grade point average should not be considered primary criteria.
5. Each recipient must demonstrate financial need, but need should not be based solely on FAFSA.
6. Preference will be given to a student who is majoring in Mass Communications.
Background and Motivation
As an alumni of Winona State University (Class of 1988), a defensive back on the WSU Football Team (1983-1987), and a member of the 1983 Northern Intercollegiate Conference Championship team, it is my desire to pay forward the incredible experiences I received as a Winona State student-athlete and provide an opportunity for similar experiences for a current WSU football student-athlete. My academic and athletic experiences prepared me well for a career in the sports business and provided so many wonderful memories. We’re hopeful this scholarship will provide a Warrior football student-athlete with an excellent education, similar positive experiences on and off the field, and perhaps one day he will feel motivated to pay forward a Warrior scholarship as a way of saying thank you to Winona State for the experiences he enjoyed in the classroom, on the field and in the Winona community.