Dr. James A. Martin Chatfield High School Renewable Scholarship
The Dr. James A. Martin Chatfield High School (CHS) Renewable Scholarship was established in the Winona State University Foundation as an annual scholarship. The scholarship will benefit and encourage students who are pursuing their Teaching Degree.
1. A Chatfield High School graduate attending WSU on a full-time basis who meets the qualifications shall be selected.
2. A full time student is one who is enrolled for a minimum of 12 credits during both fall and spring semesters.
3. Each applicant must be enrolled in the Teacher Education Program.
4. Each applicant must be a Junior when receiving the scholarship for the first time.
5. Each applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
In 2014 Dr. Martin established this scholarship to commemorate his 60th year since graduating from CHS. In 2015, it will commemorate Dr. Martin’s 55th anniversary of graduating from Winona State University.
Dr. Martin states that the most significant lesson that he learned in his professional life was: “Education is not a sign post beside the road to success, EDUCATION IS THE ROAD!” With that in mind, this Scholarship was created to assist one or more persons on the Road to educating others!