Wenonah Chapter Daughters of The American Revolution (DAR) Scholarship - Nursing
The Wenonah Chapter Daughters of The American Revolution (DAR) Scholarship was established to benefit and encourage students who are majoring in Nursing at Winona State University. Students must be a declared major in Winona State University’s Nursing Program.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time and in good standing at Winona State University (minimum of 12 credits per semester, Fall and Spring).
2. Each recipient must be a declared Nursing major and accepted into the program.
3. Each recipient must be a Junior at the time of the award.
4. Each recipient must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher. However, GPA should not be considered primary criteria.
5. Preference will be given to students whose relative(s) are members of the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) or the SAR (Sons of the American Revolution). National Organization number must be submitted.
6. Preference will be given to a student who is highly motivated and has a demonstrated record of establishing and achieving goals.
The DAR, founded in 1890 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women’s service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America’s future through better education for children.
The Wenonah Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution has a rich and enduring history of honoring their American heritage and supporting the future through historic preservation, education and patriotism since 1898. It is important to Wenonah chapter members to recognize the scholarship founders (benefactors), Doris Nichols, Josephine Gerlach and Marvin Lucas. It is through their philanthropy that this scholarship was created. Because the Wenonah Chapter’s membership continues to decline, the current members established this endowed scholarship through the Winona State University Foundation to honor their legacy and fulfill the organization’s mission of making a difference in their local community.