Winona Masonic Lodge #18 Nursing Scholarship
The Winona Masonic Lodge #18 Scholarship was established as an annual scholarship with the Winona State University Foundation. The scholarship will benefit and encourage students who are majoring in Nursing. This scholarship is renewable for one year as long as the recipient continues to meet the criteria.
1. Each recipient must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time and in good standing at Winona State University (minimum of 12 credits per semester, Fall and Spring)
2. Each recipient must be a declared Nursing major
3. Each recipient must be a Junior at Winona State University
4. Each recipient must demonstrate financial need, but need should not be based solely on FAFSA.
5. As part of the application process for this scholarship, the student must submit an essay describing the following:
Explain your connection to a Masonic Lodge or your understanding of the Mason’s work with healthcare and nursing.
The Masonic Brotherhood place strong importance on the life and health of its member and families. We are for our members families in need and also help widows and orphans with financial aid and moral support. Masons both seek and give assistance to those who are in need. Masonry is a place where moral virtues are taught and through these teachings a regular reinforcement of moral virtues is experienced. The Winona Lodge supports the Masonic Cancer Research Hospital at the University and extends to care for the elderly at the Minnesota Masonic Home in Bloomington. The importance of training thoughtful, caring individuals to graduate in nursing assists these projects by insuring staff that make quality of life a priority.
The Winona Lodge absolutely believes that by assisting students to obtain their nursing degree we will be offering excellently trained people to help wherever they are needed. We believe that by offering scholarships in nursing to individuals who need help and deserve help, the Winona Lodge is serving the health needs of our members from infants to retirement.