Federated Insurance Paralegal/Comm/ Crim Justice Leadership Scholarship
The Federated Insurance Paralegal/Communications/Criminal Justice Leadership Scholarship is created to encourage and support students at WSU who take an active leadership role in their community, work, academic curriculum, and activities. This scholarship is also created to encourage students at WSU who are interested in pursuing a career in the insurance industry.
1. Recipient must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credits per semester, Fall and Spring) and be in good standing at Winona State University
2. Recipient must be a sophomore, junior, or senior at the time of receiving the award.
3. Recipient must have a declared major in one of the following: Communications, Paralegal, Criminal Justice.
a. If there is not qualified candidate from the above majors; then this award may go to a College of Business major that meets all of the other requirements
4. Recipient must possess a minimum grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 (A=4.0)
5. Recipient must demonstrate a leadership role in one of the following areas;
Community volunteer, campus activities or work in a field related to their major.
6. Recipient must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
7. Recipient must submit a letter of recommendation from a WSU Faculty member (from the applicant’s major)
8. Recipient must submit a one page essay describing how his/her leadership experience has helped to prepare them for life after college; and list their leadership/volunteer role(s); or experience working in a career related to their major
Federated Insurance would like to increase cooperation between Federated Insurance and Winona State University to encourage students to consider Federated at the time they begin their career search. To encourage and support students at Winona State University who take an active leadership role in their community, work, academic curriculum and activities. Achieving recognition and rewards for post-secondary students for their outstanding academic and co-curricular achievements and to encourage students to consider future career opportunities in the insurance field.
For more than a century, Federated Insurance Companies has provided peace of mind to business owners through valued insurance protection. Federated’s national headquarters is located in Owatonna, Minnesota, with a regional office in Phoenix, Arizona, and several service offices located throughout the country. Federated has more than 2,400 employees and operates in 48 states and the District of Columbia.